Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions
Yep, there’s always going to be Frequently Asked Questions. That’s great. I love questions.The more informed you are about my style, pricing and policies, and the more I’m informed about your desires and expectations, the better the entire experiance will be for all of us. I’ll go ahead and answer what I think most folks want to know. If you don’t find an answer here, I’ll do some digging and get back to you.
I’ve heard for years that in photography we must “find our niche”. So, here’s my thought on that. Why? I understand it could be more profitable. It could also be said that if I specialize in a particular type of photography that presumably I would be better at it. Perhaps. But the one important thing I learned after spending years as a Portrait photographer. Despite my peers and other “experts” telling me that “You can’t shoot Food photography AND be a Portrait photographer.” I can’t? They both involve an in depth knowlege of light and how it falls upon the subject. Both styles require a good feel for composition. Both…..you get the idea. So, here is a list of the types of photography I do.
- Family / Senior Grads – Portrait Photography
- Headshots for Business / Actors
- Corporate Photography
- Food Photography
- Personal Branding Sessions – More than just a photo shoot.
- Social Media Portraits
- Fashion Photography
- Real Estate Photography
- Product Photography
- Pet Photography
- Photo Restoration
- Commissioned Stock Photos
This is the million-dollar question. You want to know exactly what it is that sets Archibald Studios apart and makes us worth your time. There are several reasons, starting with the fact that your friends, your family and others you may consider “because they have a nice camera” are simply not trained the way a professional photographer is.
Have you ever had a stranger offer to take your photo at a theme park or other event? You hand them your camera. They snap a few..”Oh, yoos guys look great!” They hand your camera back and off they go. You’re thinking, that was so nice of them to do that. Now we have a great photo of us at Wally World (or wherever.) Then you look at the photo and see that your photo was way out of focus, not centered, over exposed……you get the point.
Session fees cover photographer’s time, preparation, editing, shipping and other expenses. This fee also reserves your date and time so that Tom can devote that time specifically to your session. When you think of “Goods and Services”, this would be the service part.
• Locations within 40 miles of our studios in Saint Anthony, Minnesota are included in the session fee. Travel charges of $.75 per mile will apply for additional mileage.
• Outdoor sessions may need to be rescheduled due to inclement weather. We will do our best to provide as much advance notice as possible. We advise our clients to also keep up with the forcast so that we can all be better prepared for possible outcomes.
• Session fee must be paid in full in order to reserve the session date. If payment is not received by session date, Archibald Studios reserves the right to cancel the session.
• Sessions may be rescheduled by working with Tom to find a new workable date and time. There is no fee for rescheduling if done 48 hours prior to the originally scheduled session date.
• Session fees are for photographer’s time and expenses only and do not include digitals, prints or products. Online Digital proofs are included within the session fee and are not downloadable.
- Individual session: $175 (60 – 90 minutes)
- Individual Plus (Multiple locations): $225 (1 – 2 hours)
- Individual Branding session: $325 (1 – 2 hours)
- Actor / Corporate Individual Headshot: $275 (30 – 60 minutes)
- Family Portrait session: $325 (60 – 90 minutes)
- Large groups: $325 (60 – 90 minutes)
Session fees are for photographer’s time and expenses only. Prints, digital files, and other products are charged separately.
Book your session now
Our photo sessions typically last about 60-90 minutes depending on clothing changes or multiple locations. A Branding photo session lasts 90 minutes to 2 hours. A headshot session takes 30-60 minutes. Commercial photography is charged by the day (or half-day) with rates starting at $500 for a half day.
Archibald Studios reserves the right to cancel the session. If for some reason Archibald Studios cancels the session, a full refund will be given. Rescheduling the session is recommended. We would only cancel due to an emergency.
If client cancels the session, a full refund will be given if cancellation occurs up to 48 hours prior to booked session. If cancellation is received with less than 48 hours notice, 50% of session fee will be refunded. No-shows will forfeit entire session fee. Sessions can be re-scheduled at no charge.
• All proofs are provided for your review in an online gallery approximately one week after your session. You’ll be given a password to enter your customized area on our website. Printed proofs are available upon request for an additional charge.
• Proofs are unedited and do not include retouching. Selected prints are retouched for removal of blemishes, skin softening, stray hair, etc.) If additonal retouching or editing is requested after final delivery, a charge of $75 per hour may be charged.
All images are the property of Archibald Studios and cannot be copied without written permission. Archibald Studios firmly believes that printed photos should be strongly considered for several reasons.
- Prints will always be here.
- Prints last a lifetime, usually longer.
- Prints can be enjoyed by all at their leasure, not in a rushed “slide show” on a screen. They can be framed and displayed to be enjoyed by guests. Framed prints can be used to decorate any home, office, or business by adding your own touch of personality and selecting your own frame.
- Prints won’t get lost on an outdated laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet. What if your hard drive goes bad? Trust me it happens. I once paid $1500 to get photos of my daughter retrieved from a hard drive that had crashed. Data recovery is expensive and sometimes not even an option. Do you back up your pictures?
Yes, we LOVE our prints. But there is a place for digital files too. We offer edited digital files of any session at $1500 for all session photos. For actors or business people getting headshots for use on social media the charge is $75 per digital file. In case you’re wondering, a typical photo session yields about 30 to 40 images.
Backing up our files is a crucial step in keeping your images safe and secure. It starts within the camera where I shoot directly onto two individual memory cards. If there is wifi I will also connect to my server which captured the images as I shoot them. Once I get back to the studio, all images are then copied to both internal and external sources. On top of that, I keep your images forever should you ever need them again. Life’s a bowl of cherries…until you lose your images.
Archibald Studios Photography retains copyright ownership of all images. All rights reserved ©2023. Any reproduction or re-editing without written permission is prohibited. If you purchase digitals, a copyright release is included in the cost. Please contact Archibald Studios Media for commercial usage rights. The video below explains it best.
Still have a question? - Let me know
Tom Archibald is a Minnesota based Photographer serving the Twin Cities of Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding suburbs since 2006.His portfolio includes Commercial, Portraiture, Food, and Lifestyle photography.
TO BETTER FEED THE GOOGLE MACHINE
Minneapolis Portrait Photographer • Minneapolis Commercial Photographer • Minneapolis Family Photographer • Minneapolis Professional Photographer • Minneapolis Food Photographer • Minneapolis Lifestyle Photographer • Minneapolis Senior Portrait Photographer
©2024 Archibald Studios Photography.
39th Ave. Northeast, Minneapolis, MN 55421.